• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Question

js_customs

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone, i've been reading the board for a while now, but never really posted anything. I have an 88 xj (4.0/aw4/242) with a 3" rough country lift and 31" trxus mt's.
anyway, here's my question...the lift came with an add-a-leaf and now that I've had the lift on for 2 1/2 years now and its sagged to about 2" or so. I have 2 more inches to put on(shackles and coil spacers), which should give me about 4" of lift. As of right now I still have the RC shocks for the 3" lift. I ordered Bilstein 5100's for a 4" lift, but they wont be in for another 2 weeks. I was wondering if it would be a problem to run the RC shocks with the 4" lift until my Bilsteins come in. I'm not planning on wheeling it until the new shocks come in, but would it be a problem to run on the road?
Thanks,
Matt

That should be fine. It will limit your droop, but shouldnt actually be a problem.

Back