• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know magazine reps?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks,

Anyone know folks in media or one of the off-road (JP) magazines? I want to contact them about our SoCal fest/adopt-a-trail event that we are planning.

I will email a couple of the rags with the posted email on their sites, but if anyone has an "in", that could be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Robert don't overlook local media outlets

Printed press- LA Times, OC Register, Riverside Press Enterprise, etc.
Talk Radio, public radio
and TV-local affiliates of ABC, CBS, NBC

jjmat3 said:
Is the "So-Cal chapter" recognized by CA4WDC? You could get info into their bi-monthly magazine, In-Gear, and online if so.

Good idea JJ, thanks. I will check into it.

Thanks!

karstic said:
Robert don't overlook local media outlets

Printed press- LA Times, OC Register, Riverside Press Enterprise, etc.
Talk Radio, public radio
and TV-local affiliates of ABC, CBS, NBC

Great idea! Pretty much any media that could/would spotlight our event and trail clean-up.

Jump This said:
I have some 'ins' at Jugs, Knockers, KY monthly, Dirty little secrets, and National Geographic.

Need any #'s?

;)

Call them and have them bring some of thier "reps" for an all-natural photo shoot in the beautiful scenery of Big Bear....:cheers:

We have one of the folks from JP Magazine on our forums... I will forward this link to him....

PM 'over2land'. He could help out or atleast provide some direction.

When I was in hawaii we went on a run with JP mag John Cappa was his name I believe.

homebrew said:
When I was in hawaii we went on a run with JP mag John Cappa was his name I believe.

Cool! Did you meet him or do you know him, or was he just there?

Last edited:
Robert, just get the phone number to the LA office of Primemedia out of one of the mags and call Cappa. He knows who we are.

InGear is always looking for articles. They don't have folks to write them or attend events, someone just needs to submit an article with some pics and it might get printed.

How about extreme 4x4 on spike. I sent a picture of my cheap jeep to then that was put on air along with my clubs info.

jjmat3 said:
4wd & SUV mag did an article in the past on NAXJA XJ's. hit them up again too.

I don't know who the current editor is. Kevin McNulty came out and covered two of our events for them, one Rockn' XJ Jamboree and one Best of the West. But, he just moved over to Peterson's. Peterson's is much harder to get out to cover stuff. They're by far the biggest 4x4 mag and have lot's of stuff going on.

Calling John Cappa at JP or whoever is now at 4wd and SUV would be the best bet. They're e-mail addresses and phone numbers are in the front pages of the magazine. I've only had luck with phone calls to those guys, I think they get so many e-mails that it's not effective. You can e-mail them details after a phone conversation. One advantage you have is that they all live and work in SoCal.

Richard

Gerr said:
my dad writes for a paper I can get him to write up something

THanks Dan, that would be great. The more coverage, the better!

Goatman said:
Robert, just get the phone number to the LA office of Primemedia out of one of the mags and call Cappa. He knows who we are.

InGear is always looking for articles. They don't have folks to write them or attend events, someone just needs to submit an article with some pics and it might get printed.

Thanks Richard! I will get in touch with folks this next week. I think we are close to making the official announcement as well.

Back