• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT 4 bolt steering gear upgrade reviews anyone?

CameronB

NAXJA Forum User
Was going w/JKS plates, till I saw this product.

So who's got it and what do you think? I have a custom front bumper that I would weld to whichever plating system I go with. I'd have to locate a YJ steering gear (4 bolt) and woud have pcs rebuild and port it for hydro-assist ($204.)
It's an '86xj 2.5L, and the lower rad hose is in the way for any addition cross bracing options, btw. Turning 37" Creepies: High steer and hydro-ass. in the works.

Cameron

I have that T&T kit with a YJ box. Turn 35in Boggers with no problem, WAY stronger mounting setup than the little stock aluminum bracket. The YJ box is also non-variable and geared a little lower than the XJ box. Stiffened up the handling on the street as well. Great mod!

Thanks for the replies. Didn't know that the xj box would work on the 4-bolt kit.
So Polar, what is a good price for a yj box? I found one for 50 on craigslist locally here. Maybe obo too.

Don't know if anyone is still interested but I just bought a rebuilt YJ box with a lifetime warranty from schucks for $150 with a $150 core charge.

The Hard Struggler said:
I have that T&T kit with a YJ box. Turn 35in Boggers with no problem, WAY stronger mounting setup than the little stock aluminum bracket. The YJ box is also non-variable and geared a little lower than the XJ box. Stiffened up the handling on the street as well. Great mod!

Good to know, been looking at this mod myself.

Back