• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding aal's to aftermarket packs

TortureTested

NAXJA Forum User
The guy im about to buy axles from has rustys 3" leaf packs and i bought rustys 6.5" coils for my XJ. Do u think i could take apart my stock packs, use the aal and maybe the first leaf (cut the eyes off), and try to get 5.5 to 6" out of em? Is this a feezable job to do?

Personally, I wouldn't even try to build 3.5 inches of lift from shackles and blocks, etc- sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I would just wait and buy the rear packs or get shorter front coils. I just got rear packs (4.5) and bearing in mind the cost of bastardizing an existing set vs. buying the new set (there was free shipping in Dec.) it was absolutely no contest.

Cut the coils down and add the leafs with a shackle. It's also OK to run a little sagged out in the rear. Looks goofy but performs well. 6.5 inch is IMHO good for a 37" and obove tire. Are you planning a huge tire?

Its definately possible that you can get 2-3 inches out of AAL's and then throw a inch shackle and you should be alright

Back