• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my ford 9 inch question of the day...

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
i have a ford 9 inch im swapping under my xj, and its a low pinion...how high of a lift can i go with a low pinion?...or doesnt matter as long as i have a slip yoke eliminator?....

now im at 6.5 inches of lift.....what angle should i weld the perches on?...

thanks in advance

You need to set the axle under the spings and let load on it... the set it for 2* below TC output angle.... bout the only way to get your perch/pinion angle

I've seen 9"s used on 8" lift and they seem fine.

you know where i can find some pictures?....lately all the ford 9 inch builds i have seen ..well they just swap the hi9...which i will love to....but...wallet wont aloud me to...

im planning to run..the rustys 8 inch lift kit that will be around 7.5 because of the exo im adding later on...but i need to know if the low pinion will be fine...

Should be fine, just set the pinion angle correct as stated before... You might want to fill your diff up with a little more fluid than spec.

The JB is shorter IIRC, which means it's technically better, don't get the complete rusty's kit!!!

Back