• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT Customs

badazzcherokee3

NAXJA Forum User
I have a TnT Customs Front truss system and I have a Rustys 8in Lift.
I just got done welding the truss on yesterday night and I was all excited about getting it under my jeep. Today I went to put it under my jeep and it seems like the upper arms dont have much travel and when I try to hook up the lower everything is outa wack from the upper arm not being apply to travel? Does Rusty not work with this system or do I grind a little off the upper arms?
Has anyone run rustys with tnt customs truss?

What do you mean the uppers cant "travel"?

The TnT truss is made as a stock replacement for the suspension mounts, so it should bolt up the same as the stock ones.

Did you weld it on right?

Which rusty's setup do you have?

Drop us some pictures.

Mopar It said:
i think hes askin if rustys coils can work on the y-link?

No, that is defintly not what he's asking.

He's asking if his rusty's suspension will work with the TNT truss.

I'm not positive that rusty's suspension really works at all. ;)

dana30truss2.jpg

To answer your question, if you've got a Y-Link, the upper arms don't move really, they just hold the axle from rotating. All the travel is in the lower.

If it is conflicting with the truss when you're attaching it, you might need to grind away whichever edge is touching.

cal said:
I'm not positive that rusty's suspension really works at all. ;)
hahahahaha, that's awesome.

I had some issues with my RE UCA, I run long arms. I had to clearance the back side of the UCA mount. The TnT mount was hitting the lower part on the control arm. Took a cut off wheel to the back side of the mount. All is good now.

heres some photos

this is what i mean it wont drop down low enough to hook up to my lower arm

And I am not sure if rustys works either but I got the jeep with the lift and 38in tall tires for 2500 so I cant really complain now I have a dana 300 in it a dana 60 streatched the rear and am trying to get the front together.

You can safely grind to fit there.

So thats a dana 44 front? 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton?

You aren't going to remove enough to be a problem.

Nice looking rig.

Thanks I am New To building them I have always worked on hotrods and i could of bought one already built but I wanted to build it my self and get the experience this is what it looked like when I bought it. It had stock axles broken t case shot interior and he rattle caned it green

Nice. My rig isn't built quite as big, but it gets the job done.

2079706725_9f2e47c3eb.jpg

Picked it up stock in late 2004 iirc, and planned for a 3" lift and 31's. Boy did I miss that mark.

xjnoclimb.JPG

Back