• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cuttin coils..

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Got some Rusty's 6.5" coils that I need to cut down to 4.5. They are beefy, which I need, I have a big flaming bumper and I carry a lot of ish..

I was thinking 1.5 complete coils off the bottum.... There are 12 total, 5/8"-11/16" thick.

If I cut a lil too much, I have 3/4" spacers to throw under it...

There may be no logic to how many to cut other than trial and error but I thought I'd throw it out here.

Make sure they get at least six coats of highlighter pink, it adds some lbs to the spring rate. I did the same thing only I forgot the paint and I had to add the spacer...

Good luck my child.

I have 3 cans left..

ZacSquatch said:
I have a big flaming bumper and I carry a lot of ish..

:conceited Your bumper is cute..... :smootch:

Make sure you account for how much weight your bumper is going to drop your suspension due to the weight so it matches the back height. Those 6.5 coils should have a higher spring rate than whatever you have on now. Why not see if anyone is open to a trade for their 4.5's?

Cause I need to do it this weekend and its less hastle.

And I have free help, haha.

don't cut coils.......

you'll get DW

it'll raise your cholesterol

lower your property value

cause impotence

and your Jeep WILL fold like a taco.....

:)

Jeff

GrimmJeeper said:
why cut em just heat em up with a torch and ruin them for good right away, it takes less time!

Napa carry coil lowering torches?

I Don't see anything about coils in that... is it safe for toast and hand warming as well?

its a multi purpose torch. its good for hand warming when you turn the ox and ac al the way up and light it.

Might give the Step-sis a tan with it

ZacSquatch said:
Might give the Step-sis a tan with it
mtstory_spray.jpg

I searched for some cookies and came up with nothing... so I quit searching all-together

Well, If your seious bout doing it . do I it in steps, maybe not the 1 1/2 . just do one full coil put it in, see what ya get, than ya can do a bit of math and know exactly how much more to cut. By the way, cut w/ a cut off wheel so you don't build up too much heat.

I've got rusty's 4.5 coils I'll trade ya. But they're on my dd. I assume this is on your dd as well.

Yeah, but how quick can you have emm off and shipped to me?

Mine are layin on my bedroom floor

Back