• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Pin?

iambillsmith

NAXJA Forum User
Ever since i bought my 99 xj (about 2.5 years ago) the drivers side door has sagged a bit. never was much of a problem except a little leaking if i had it washed. now the problem is getting pretty bad i can hear wind while driving and can see a crack of light through the top of the weather seal. i think it may be the door pin as i can acutally lift the door into place while it is open and see the bottom pin move in the hinge. any thoughts on this. or any one have this problem before?

you talkin the roll pin at the hinge or the hinge bolts? cuz mine was missing the roll pin, bot a whole box of 'em for a buck at a flea market. if its the bolts, try to tighten them up. they are torx bits i believe (not sure the size though).

good luck with it.

This is a common problem for the Cherokee. You can buy a kit on EBAY for $13 that includes 2 bolts, hinge bushings and the C keepers with bushing washers for the upper and lower door brackets. Just go to the EBAY search and type in Jeep Cherokee Door Hinge Pins. If anyone is interested there are good instructions on the Jeep Cherokee forum. Not really a hard thing to replace but it takes a couple people (1 to hold the door) to do it. If it is the hinge that is moving that is a different story and requires a factory kit to fix it.

thanks for all the info. i am going to order the kit off ebay. if it doenst come with instructions can someone post a link to the ones on here?

24 pack.

Mines doin' the same thing, but I'm wheelin the cherokee doorless this summer, so I'm just gonna worry bout it then. I figure I can stand a wet winter and wait it out.

Back