• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body ideas

pataterchip

NAXJA Forum User
I have looked all over and have not seen any throttle body spacers available for my 88, does anyone know why. Since they are not available what would happen if I made one? If for some reason I cannot use a spacer what can I do, Can I bore the oem one out a little and polish it to help it breath better any ideas??? Come on guys lets figure out how to get more air in this thing I have a complete machine shop / weld shop at my disposable so...:idea:

just get someone at the machine shop to make you a spacer out of aluminum. They will want the base gasket as a pattern, this should be a straightforward task

i believe you can bore the Renix throttle body to 59mm. finding the butterfly for the inside is the hard part.

I chamferred and polished the bottom of my thottle body as to "gasket match" it to the intake, I noticed nothing

^^ LOL I was gonna ask if anyone even notices anything, especially if going through a custom fabrication of the damn thing...how about MPG's? Thats what I would want out of it more than power.

Not really worth it unless you've got some decent engine work done...ie, bore and stroke, blown, ect.

Back