• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone tried Dodge Magnum/Charger seats?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm wondering if these would work in a Cherokee. I had a Magnum for a company car about a year back, and remember the seats being comfy and pretty supportive... not to mention the light gray cloth almost matches the gray in my Cherokee perfectly.

lb_seat_choices.jpg

Best pic of one I could find online. I'm wondering how wide they are and how hard they would be to mount up. They seem to be reasonably priced now that some are beginning to be totalled and those with cloth are upgrading to leather through recycled parts.

ManBearPig said:
I guess any seat could work if you fab up some mounts

almost.

what i'm wondering mainly is the width, i've heard 21" wide is the limit for a cherokee with stock console and door panels staying.

Just do what everyone wants: Remove the front seats, move the steering wheel and dash to center, and install a lazy boy with a mini fridge on the left and trans and t case control on the right. :cheers:

Maybe thats just me?

-Alex

i'm not sure how a lazy boy would fare in a rollover

techshooter02 said:
What seats fit best in the cherokee??

that would be the...ah...cherokee seats?....:twak:

Cornflake said:
Duh, a lazy boy with 5 point seat belts :)

I drive half asleep enough as it is, i don't need something to push me over the edge.

jeepcomj said:
that would be the...ah...cherokee seats?....:twak:

Sorry, this actually made me laugh.

But you have a point!

I am sure we could fit in a brass pole, but you would have to settle for midget strippers!!! A height problem could arise.... :D

techshooter02 said:
What seats fit best in the cherokee??

WJ and ZJ Grand Cherokee seats fit nicely. Use the ADVANCED SEARCH function and the search words GRAND SEATS. Good luck.

Looks alot like the seats I took out of our JK. Some people think they're pretty comfortable. I put about 6000 miles on a set in around 3 weeks. I thought they sucked, my back and tailbone hurt like hell.

If you can, spend the money on a mastercraft or PRP seat

IslanderOffRoad said:
what i'm wondering mainly is the width, i've heard 21" wide is the limit for a cherokee with stock console and door panels staying.

Mastercraft Rubicon seats are 22" wide and fit fine in my 98. But seat clearance is tight near the trans tunnel, so I'll say that the best choice is to use a seat proven to fit, or test a Charger seat before buying. Any fancy plastic trim around the seat base might have to be removed or clearanced.

GRIMUS99XJ said:
I say no seats, cut out the roof extend the steering column and stand to drive. You will elliminate all those blind spots.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

i like cuting out the roof can put in a taller pole, and have two more migets:scottm: and mirror the floor pan with polished :eeks1:stainless steel

Back