• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remote keyless entery?

impetus-93xj

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry to sound like a flake but I dont have a clue how else to describe this. I have a odd little round ball like thing on the overhear console on my 93 xj and I was wondering if it was used for keyless entery or what? and if so I dont have the key ring thingy , can I get a replacment?

Yes that is the keyless entry sensor. You can get a keyring that matches your year and have it programed. I know the later (97+) have to be programed by the dealer. I'm not sure about the older ones. Ebay might be your best source for a keychain FOB unit

kdailey4315 said:
Yes that is the keyless entry sensor. You can get a keyring that matches your year and have it programed. I know the later (97+) have to be programed by the dealer. I'm not sure about the older ones. Ebay might be your best source for a keychain FOB unit

I'm pretty sure in my owners manual for my 99 tells me how to re-program it

They have to be ordered by code on the receiver in earlier years and are pre-programmed. If you remove the receiver and look on the circuit board there would be a tag with I think it was 6 digits. That's the code.

93 is a split year and might use the 93-95 ZJ one or the earlier XJ one. The 93-95 are customer programmable. You might look in the owners manual.

Back