• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

height change due to bumper weight?

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
i'm finally getting around to putting on the loose nuts enterprises front bumper that i bought off another member awhile back. i'm just curious if anyone could guesstimate(more accurate the better) as to how much, if any, it will bring the front end down. currently sitting on up country front springs(+1") and a teraflex 1.5" spacer with the factory isolator(about a 2" spacer total). along with the stock bumper, i'm pulling off the factory front skid and the factory tow hooks and their related bracketry. i really don't think the weight difference will pull the front down that much, but i want to know what i should expect. thanks.

The Arb I threw on dropped me almost an inch... No winch, just some lights. My coils do have some use so I can't blame it.

Puttin 1" spacers on to level it somewhat...

I would expect you to loose half an inch maybe

Btw, was that from Brain Droppings or When will Jesus bring the porkchops?

hey 10, zac is right, maybe a 1/2" if you springs aren't too old. just a quick note, when i installed mine ,i had it over at dans house (mr nutz himself) and we had to do a little wackin' and hackin' to put it in. maybe yours has that done already since it's been on a rig before. i really like mine, it is a bit lighter than the arb because the sides taper up so it has less metal there. which is nice. on lower doran (calico)you could tell that it had way better approach than the arb. enjoy!

it was originally on a later model, a '99 i think? i remember he had to do a little tweaking to get it just right, so i think it should go right on. it was jeepsterboy101 that i picked it up from. i really like the good solid basic design and good approach angles. it sounds like the general consensus is that i may lose a half inch. thanks guys.

Back