• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hi-jack or tools mounting kits?

dzolcali

NAXJA Forum User
I want to mount like either a hatchet, or hi-jack, or maybe some other tools right below my back two windows, I have seen one jeep before with the plastic tapped for some mounting brackets and then some sorta axe mounted there.

Where can I buy brackets like these to tap into the factory interior plastic and mount some cool stuff inside?

thanks for any help

I use to have my axe haning on 2 hooks under my rear side windows. The axe fit tight enough that its stayed put. Originally I was going to hang the heavy side on a hook and drill a hole near the end of the handle. Put a bolt on the side panel, well it's not really a bolt, its a pin with holes in it. I was going slide the hole in the axe over it and put a cotter pin through the hole. Nothin fancy. Either ways works. Let me know if you come up with anything different.

I have been thinking the same thing myself about mounting tools/gear/etc... I was thinking about making a "Rat-cage" type mount for the rear cargo area that I could take out if I need more room. The actual "Rat-cage" cost about $450 so buying one is not an option but I think fabricating one might not be to hard. A 48" HiLift will fit under the rear seat but I like to keep smaller items there so having a secure point to attach one is appealing. Let us know what you come up with.

Indeed..I'm thinking about maybe some sorta military strap that buttons, mounting two of them one by each corner under the window...then you can swap different things out and either button/snap, or tighten the straps down to thold it. Although I don't know if that will cause it to chatter/rattle/vibrate

Thats what i'm thinking right now though.

anyone know of good in cab shotgun mounts for the cherokee?

Back