• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

potential problems

mattb3562

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, this weekend I will be starting the build up on my '91 Limited. I will be using 3" coils with 3" spacers for the front. For the rear, I have a set of S10 springs and a set of 1 1/2" shackles. Should this get the 6"? I also cuurently have and AAL and 1" block to add, if not. Am I definetly going to need an sye? I've never done a lift this big and no nothing about potential driveline problems. It will set on 35's, so that should raise the axle some. Tight budget so I'm trying to go without it. Is there any other potential problems or anything else I should need? Any advice will be appreciated.

popcorn.gif

you arent likely going to get to 6" without an SYE. if you absolutely dont want to get one get your lift and everything on then take your old driveshaft to a driveline shop and have it lengthend. dont put that block in there unless you want to ruin your leaf springs.

for the front and on a tight budget, what are you going to do about shocks, trackbar, control arms, and steering at that height?

Why so high??? I started at 3" and slowly climbed to 5" as I gained knowlege and cashola and thats where I plan on stopping. I don't think 1" blocks will screw your springs, I know guys that have run 3" blocks including myself, not the smartest idea but in a pinch. What size tires are you trying to stuff?bigger is not always better.

Oh boy...you don't go 6" on a budget, unless you have a welder and a lot of fab skills. Even then, it's not cheap. There are way too many things to consider. I belive you can go 3" on a budget, but that is about it.

The thing that scares me the most about your post though, is that you seem to think that since 35's will be raising your axles some, that may help your driveline angles!? Dude, tires will raise your entire vehicle, not just the axles. I'm assuming I'm misunderstanding something...

If you want to do it on a budget, go with the 3" coils, do the bastard pack in the rear (no aal), trim your fenders, and go with 32's. If you go with 32's you could skip regearing if you wanted. Personally, I would still regear, but you could skip it.

I NEEDED a sye and driveshaft at 3", at 5" I NEEDED an adjustable track bar.

At 6" your going to need either Drop Brackets or Long Arms!Along with a trackbar and bracket,shocks,brakeline,etc!

This is what rubicon express gives for a 5.5" lift.

Effectively, you *NEED* all of this, plus an SYE, driveshaft, and steering upgrade.

Look at each item listed below, and ask if you have it or an upgrade that exceeds it. If you do not, you are probably going to end up hurting yourself or someone. :(

RE1141 ~ GEN2 DISCONNECTS 2"-3.5" TJ,
RE1345 ~ COIL SPRINGS XJ-5.5 / ZJ-4.
RE1383 ~ BUMPSTOPS 3" FRONT LOWER
RE1462 ~ LEAF SPRING XJ 4.5" W/BUSHING
RE1515 ~ BRAKE LINE SS REAR 18"
RE1550 ~ BRAKE LINE SET SS FRONT 22"
RE1660 ~ TRACK BAR, XJ/ZJ EXTREME-DUTY
RE1665 ~ TRACK BAR BRACKET, HD XJ/ZJ
RE2120 ~ T-CASE LOWERING KIT XJ/ZJ 3/4"
RE2421 ~ U-BOLT KIT M35 REAR, YJ / XJ 2
RE2700 ~ SHACKLE XJ REAR 5"
RE3700 ~ CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED
RE3781 ~ CONTROL ARM SR2 UPPER FRONT FI
RE9900 ~ XJ CONTROL ARM DROP BRACKETS
RE9905 ~ SUPPORT BRACES FOR RE9900
RE9921 ~ SWAY BAR RELOCATION BRACKETS

"It will set on 35's, so that should raise the axle some"
end quote/

ummm no.You will need axle shims and probably new u-bolts.Add $80 to the final cost....

Back