• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

having a clunking noise!! hlp

bigwhitejeep

NAXJA Forum User
hey iam new to this fourm i just got a 1998 jeep cherokee with i think skyjacker 8 inch lift and iam having a noise coming for the front driver side when iam driving on the street a small bump would make it clunk. It also sound like it loose. What i think is making the noise is the lower control arm but not really sure. what so you guys think.

Sorry to hear it has that lift.

There are no bushings, it uses large hiem's all the way through, IIRC. On here some guys were saying they don't last long....

ya i was just looking at it and the lower control arm is loose where the joint is or bushing how u would call it. well how would i fix the problem do i have to buy a new lower control arm or replace the metal joint if i can?

Order a new hiem joint, you can get them at most offroad shops... They are all over the web. Just find out what size, thread size, whether it is LH or RH thread etc. You should be able to find one.... You could always call up skyjacker and get them to send you one of theirs for some $$$.

hey one more question can i just replace the upper and the lower control arm with a different brand? i was reading many people said the the hiems joint wear quickly. So i was thinking about buying the poly bushing. Any suggestion thanks

oo ya i was thinking how it would work. Well do you guys know where i can find the heim joint for my control arm and if someone know what the measurement for top and bottem control arms that would be great too. thanks

Back