• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Engine Protection

dlarrivee

NAXJA Forum User
What's the deal with that big chunk of felt or rubber or whatever it is under my engine block (2001 4.0L), is it supposed to keep the bottom of the engine from getting covered in crap or what?

dlarrivee said:
What's the deal with that big chunk of felt or rubber or whatever it is under my engine block (2001 4.0L), is it supposed to keep the bottom of the engine from getting covered in crap or what?

Mainly, it's a splash guard. My rigs have run fine without it, but they're RENIX.

I figured it was for that, it's just sort of annoying where they put it (I have a factory skid plate up front too), and you can't get to the otherside of where the fasteners go in.

dlarrivee said:
I figured it was for that, it's just sort of annoying where they put it (I have a factory skid plate up front too), and you can't get to the otherside of where the fasteners go in.

Which is exactly why I removed mine with a nice, sharp utility blade. Problem solved! Once you cut the shield out, you can remove the fasteners holding the remnants in place. I'll design a belly pan later.

Rusty's is the only place i know of that makes a front skid....

Back