• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.13s and 35s for short time...

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
well im getting 37s...may be in two months...but idk if 513s is to much gearing for that...but until i get the tires im going to drive in my 35s...will that be to much for 35s?....

according to this chart..there will be a 156 rpm difference..which ...how much does that matter??

i have a 6 inline automatic..is a 99.....

ford 9 inch rear, 44 front...

Go ahead, thats about right.. and will give you tons of Ummmph in town and on the trail, but take away from highway speed.

I plan on going 5.13's and 38's

Yeah, just when you gear it, it limits the actual speed you can go, unless you wanna run over 3k rpm;s all the time. You can probly hit 65-70 max, but with 37's, I wouldnt want to go faster than that anyways.

i'm running 4:88's (4:1 TC ) on 34's with a aw4 and still feel it needs more gear . 60 is about 2500 on the tach if that helps

I have 4.88's and 33's in my MJ...4.0/AW-4....it has gonzo merge power...it's fine for me...I usually run around 55 but it cruises ok at 65...but when the 33's wear out, im going to 35's...that will put it back to standard effective ratio within a couple of points.

white_elephant said:
well im getting 37s...may be in two months...but idk if 513s is to much gearing for that...but until i get the tires im going to drive in my 35s...will that be to much for 35s?....

according to this chart..there will be a 156 rpm difference..which ...how much does that matter??

i have a 6 inline automatic..is a 99.....

ford 9 inch rear, 44 front...

5.13s and 35s is fine, I drove on that setup for over 40,000 miles.
Now with 37s the 5.13s don't feel low enough.

5.13s arent enough for 37s???.....a lot of people say 4.88s for 37s..and im going 5.13s..i dont think i need to go deeper...

later on im upgrading to a 4.1 case

he says it don't feel low enough because he road so long on 35's.........

5.13's will be great for 35's and 37's.

According to some here, 3.55's and 35's mesh well too, so you might want to look into putting your stock axles back on :)

Back