• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Disco's Questions

Fast95Neon

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody had experiance with rough country sway bar disconnects?

Thinking about picking up a set tommorow

therese are the ones i have now dunno where they are from....
IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

they are kind of a pain to put on...requires a crowbar and a baby sledge to disconnect and reconnect

Rough Country is my first choice because of price....but otherwise id get the jks

Fast95Neon said:
heard about any issues with the RC?
i think i read about them making a noise onroad?
its a jeep, if it aint makin a weird noise it aint movin :D go with the RC discos or ditch the swaybar completely.

those are teraflex almost had a set bought but jks. so much better product. make sure you know what size you need that have some for 0-3 lift and some for bigger lifts

I absolutely suggest the JKS Quicker Discos, Using these you can get rid of the Crusty's sway bar drop bracket and adjust the discos to the proper position, this gets everything back up out of the way and avoids any weird interference with your steering from the sway bar when you have it tucked up.

And unless its a trailer queen, never ditch your front swaybar completely. Even if you think you can handle it, it is still very dangerous. Particularlly on highways when you may need to make a suddent swerve to avoid an accident, without a front swaybar you will likely find yourself rolling down the highway.

I had the Rough Country's on mine for a while. I liked them, but they were still a little bit of a pain to get on and off. I would just drive up a ramp a little until the holes lined up. I still had to tap them with a hammer sometimes. The did get a little loose after a while, but I never noticed any noise from them.

Fast95Neon said:
what does the jks that the rc dont?

JKS have threaded adjustment rod so you can set them to the perfect length for your lift and get the proper angle on the swaybar. Rough Country only has two pin holes for 4" or 6" of lift, chances are your swaybar will not be at the proper angle.

JKS uses a (I forget the technical name) spherical bushing that can swivel, and the pins the bushings go over to attach to your axel are tapered, so you can get them connected/disconnected very easily. I have re-connected them on some pretty uneven ground and at most have had to have a friend push on my roof rack to get the bushing to be close enough to slip over the pin.

They are just better over all design and well worth the extra money in my opinion.

Back