• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sliders

i like the look of the first ones where the tubes go out and they have an angle to them.

I also found some from protofab4x4.com. Anybody seen these before?

I've got the JCR sliders and have pounded on them with no problem. The stage 2s are a little differant than T@Ts but are cheaper and the JCR guys are great to deal with.

rhino317 said:
Anyone know where i can get this type of design for cheaper than 380

htpt://www.tntcustoms.com/webV5/xjsliders.asp
I have a 2001 cherokee and had the same problem so I bought a mig welder and the metal and made my own metal cost me $120 3/16 steel similar design as what your looking at. Yes all together It ran me $550 but now I got a lincon mig for damage control it's a must and I'm tight with my money. Why powercoat them when your just going to scratch them up 4x4ing. Good luck cuse i looked everwhere too.

You gotta watch them tube sliders. Come down on them hard enough and they bend up and block your doors. It is fun watching people climb across the seats or out the window to get out the first time it happens.

If and when you order your sliders, make sure if you have any special upper UCA mounts to let the slider builder know in case the unibody mounting points on the slider needs to be moved.
Ask me why I know this. :rolleyes:

cutting metal is messy, and not everyone has the work space or equipment
cut the elitest crap...
back onto topic... i have a set of jcr stage 2s, and those mg fabrication ones look nice and identical, and are cheap (discount to naxja members, how can you go wrong?) and additionally, they CLAIM to have a much quicker lead time then jcr did 8 months ago when i waited a month and a half for my sliders...

Ya i really like the mg fab sliders.
You can get them without powercoat or with powercoat, your choice. They also look really solid.

Hell of a lot cheaper than the TnT sliders...

I have JCR stage 2's and like Hard Struggler, I've pounded on mine as well. They've haled up great, I have nothing but good to say about JCR Offroad. My biggest problem is keeping paint on them.:D

www.jcroffroad.com

Hale

is it just me or does anyone else think that the tnt and mg style rails with the bar that sits close to the body like th at might cause damage on impact...

the mg style is basically the jcr style..... and that bar aint going nowhere... look at how it mounts to the pinch seam under the body...

Wow. What a rip off. I bought some square tubing and made my own for less than 40 bucks. Let me know if you need details.
Rockrail1.jpg

jeeperguy21 said:
Let me know if you need details.

Post em' up! I'm interested to see how you mounted them. I don't like how there is such a big gap between the rail and the body.

Some of us aren't fortunate enough to have all of the equipment needed to fab our own stuff. So, we pay someone else to do it for us.

Back