• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wirin' in a guage....

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
im gonna start on wiring in my trans temp guage today i wanted to know where(like a picture or diagram) is the ignition wire that i can tap into and where to do the wire for the light....thanks!

i just did mine, and i wired mine into the red wire from the cig. lighter. i wired the power and the light to the same, so my light comes on whenever i turn on the Jeep

is it possible to wire so it turns on when i turn on the lights?!

you can try to track down a wire that comes out of the headlight switch, or something to a light bulb in the gauge cluster. but for me, i got tired of wiring so i just spliced into the cig. lighter

go underneath your center counsle and tap into the wires that light up your tcase or tranny gears. that's what i did for mine. it's real easy. red is power, black is ground.....not that hard to figure out

bmyohn said:
i just did mine, and i wired mine into the red wire from the cig. lighter. i wired the power and the light to the same, so my light comes on whenever i turn on the Jeep

X2, thats how Ive done both of mine, light and gauge power together.

mudslinger4x4 said:
go underneath your center counsle and tap into the wires that light up your tcase or tranny gears. that's what i did for mine. it's real easy. red is power, black is ground.....not that hard to figure out
hmmm not a bad diea, now where will i find the ignition wire?! so it turns on and off with the jeep?!

blackdoutxj said:
hmmm not a bad diea, now where will i find the ignition wire?! so it turns on and off with the jeep?!

well since those lights come on only when you turn your headlights on they will at least light up. for the power just put one end in where the fuse for your radio is and it should work.

jeep/bronco said:
is there a real need for a trans temp gauge in an xj if your not using it as a tow rig?

If you drive in a lot of sand or deep gravel, yes.

jeep/bronco said:
is there a real need for a trans temp gauge in an xj if your not using it as a tow rig?
i want to see how good my tranny cooler is workin too:)!

Back