• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

body wiring harness... MJ vs. XJ

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
on the XJ and MJ, there are two connectors that go from behind the driver's side kick panel to the rest of the body...

on the XJ, they're both 2X6 (12 pins total IIRC), one is black, one is grey...

on the MJ, there's one of the afore-mentioned 12-pin connectors (the grey one) and then there's a flat 6 pin connector.

anyone know where I can find pinouts for these? I'm guessing the extra wiring in the XJ goes to all the garbage in the liftgate (defrost, wiper, etc.)

basically, I gotta fit the square peg in the round hole :D (puttin the XJ engine compartment/dash harness in the MJ)

My 89 manual lists two 10 pin connectors behind the kick panel (one grey, one black), but doesn't list a smaller one there for the MJ. Could just be a difference in the years. I can email you the page that I do have, just send me a note from an email addy that can accept a document to my hotmail address listed below.
Jeep on!
--Pete

Back