• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody know about jeepenginesales.com

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I was googling around and stumbled on this site. They have rebuilt 4.0L engines for less than $1600 shipped (less than $1400 after core charge refund). Gotta be better than a junkyard mystery motor, but dunno about better than what you can get rebuilt from a local shop for that price.

Anybody know anything about them?

ps--searching found this post which seems pretty negative lol

Last edited:
Getting one from them saves you hassel waiting for a machine shop to get it all done. It is a little bit more, not much, than rebuilding a junkyard one. Having a warranty is a big perk. I have spent on average about $1200 when rebuilding a motor. That includes the original core, head work, block work, inspections of the core stuff for cracks, new internal parts (good rebuilds generally dont reuse old parts unless they are in excellent condition), and the hourly rate which the machine shops charges.
The rate is severely altered to the amount of work you are willing to do towards the rebuild yourself.

Depending on the install prices you find for the motor, I dont think that is a bad price for what you are getting. More than likely it is a .030 over milled block, new valve and sleeve job, new timing set, bearings and such. Which is about what a machine shop would charge for the work with no help on your part.... add in some overhead for profit and $1600 is about it.

well crapstain... they dont make one for 99's and up... and i have a 99.... seems like a pretty good deal though

dgrigorenko said:
well crapstain... they dont make one for 99's and up... and i have a 99.... seems like a pretty good deal though

beyond the rounder intake manifold, is there a significsnt diffrence between 95's and 99+'s? I know prior to '91 there is a big change in sensor and vacum setup.
I have not worked on anything newer than 95, so I dont know.

Back