• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheating Crap

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 XJ with a 2.5" lift on 31x10.50s and dual hayden cooling fans. Normally when the jeep is working and running per quo it doesnt overheat off-roading (unless heavily or in traffic). Now just driving it down the road seems to get the engine about 210 and off-roading just causes it to go wild. Is it because the fans dont have enough CFM of air being moved through them is something shot to hell:helpme: The last coolant flush was 2months ago.
Another cold night of wrenchin on the XJ at 35° :clap:

Check the water pump. I've seen the fins rust away to a point to where they get to a point where they are less efficient. With the age and milage, it is something to think about.

If it's the original radiator, it's problably plugged up by now. Radiatorbarn.com and dpgoffroad carry decent all-metal CSF brand radiators for decent prices.

Will a triple core radiator fit or is a two core better?

RªMB° said:
Will a triple core radiator fit or is a two core better?

I had a 3 row in my 92' just need to double check for fan clearance.

I've been having a similiar problem with my wifes ZJ. Couple weeks back did a tune up, a coolant flush and replaced the fan clutch. While I was at it I blew compressed air thru the radiator from the backside and to my suprise blew out quite a bit of debris.... I also seperated the radiator from the a/c condensor too, and found clumps of dirt, debris, hair, and bugs right where the fans suck air thru.. I haven't had any problems with the cooling since..

Scott Suyeto

Got done replacing water pump 1/2hour ago and it works awesome. Now just needa save for new radiator =)

Back