• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light after tranny swap.

I toasted my auto and swaped a ax-15 about a year and a half ago. Sence then my check engine light has been on. The code reads as a tranny code. Smog is coming up and need to take care of it. I cant figure out what exaclty it is. What do you think it could be?

How did you go about getting it to start? Did you bypass the NSS?

-96JeepSpeed- said:
I toasted my auto and swaped a ax-15 about a year and a half ago. Sence then my check engine light has been on. The code reads as a tranny code. Smog is coming up and need to take care of it. I cant figure out what exaclty it is. What do you think it could be?
it's probably a code that says that it's not getting any signal from the tcu or if you have the tcu still in that the tcu is not geting signal from the tranny. You'll have to replace the PCM with one that is for a manual tranny in order to get rid of that check engine light and the error code. I went through the same in my 97.

Back