• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordered a lift today and I have a few questions

veedubbin

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered the RE 2in BB from jeepinoutfitters, I opted for the full lenght AAL which gives 2.5 in of lift in the rear. I am planning on buying some replacement leaf packs as I am sagging about a half inch. I am not sure what to go with though. There are 2 different heavyduty packs I am looking at, one is a 7in arch and the other is a 5.5in arch. I want a full 2.5 of lift in the back once the aal is on, and the guy at qudratec said the 7in arch will settle to an inch over stock height. I just wanted to know anyones experience with the long AAL from RE. Thanks

Why not the full leaf packs from RE?

Edit: nevermind, forgot RE's packs start out at 3.5". I'd go with the 7" arch from Quad, AAL almost always sag.

IllianaXJ said:
Why not the full leaf packs from RE?

Edit: nevermind, forgot RE's packs start out at 3.5". I'd go with the 7" arch from Quad, AAL almost always sag.
Thats what I was thinking, but I am not running an SYE...so I also dont want more than 2.5 in the back because I dont want vibes.

You can always do a t'case drop to alleviate vibes of you get any. FWIW, I ran a 4.5" RE kit on my old XJ without a SYE and no vibes.

I just added the Quadratec HD spring packs to my 17 year old stock main leafs and got around 2" on my DD. Just cut the eyes off split the packs up and build it. If you want more lift and still want it flexy just add in the stock short leaves with the Qtec packs short leaves. If you want to be able to handle loads add in the stock long leaves with Qtec long leaves.

newpaint2uo2.jpg

Back