• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ sport build ideas.....anyone??

MilfdiverXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 93 xj sport, I like to drive it to work and back during the week but I have another truck. I am more of a logging road kind of wheeler, so highway ability is a must. And I have a bugdet of 2500, I already have the wheels and tires off a 2007 Rubicon.....32"s?? What do I spend my money on?

and a disc grinder to cut them fenders out ,lol, to go with that 3" lift lockers and skid plates, other than that save a few 100 for back up parts, cause you will end up breaking something

1. naxja membership
2. Skid plates, TC, Diffs, and gas tank
3. Lockers
4. 3" Lift..
5. Enjoy

You can get some wheel adapters to run the 07' wheels

Im gonna go a different route here (just to confuse you;))
Logging roads,,, probably by yourself, Im thinking, 3" lift, skid plates, 31s (Im pretty sure the wheels from the 07 Wrangler are a different bolt pattern so may as well sell them as a combo). Heres the kicker, skip the lockers, you dont need them for logging roads, and get a winch with lots of recovery gear.

EDIT: Crap you guys beat me to it.

Sell the JK-wheels.

Go to the junkyard and look for:
  • skidplates for engine, tranny and tank
  • tow hooks for the front
  • hitch for the rear
Buy recovery straps and some basic trail tools, perhaps a CB.

Buy some steel and let a buddy, who can weld, replace your rocker with it.

Then buy some nice wheels with a fitting bolt pattern (5x4.5") and a set of 31" MT tires. Get an 3" OME suspension (should be the V8 ZJ coils front and the normal 2" leafs rear with an AAL and/or longer shakles) and while installing relocate your brake lines.

Remove your fender flares, cut as much fender as you like (you´ll find a bunch of information about this here on NAXJA) and reinstall your fenders.

Go wheeling.

While wheeling think about building (or having built) you a nice winch bumper which doesn´t destroy your wallet and aproach angle. Then buy a nice warn winch.

Awesome, I love the jk wheels on xjs but sell those suckers, black rock crawlers and some interco tires from what I've seen

interco is selling all their tires buy 3 get one free. sell the 8.25. or trade the pull-a-part for a d44. Mini spool that hoss. ( way

cheaper) Auto-lock the front for 400. Get the ol' tnt customs longarms and belly skid for 899, rustys coils, springs and shocks for

250. whats left? Oh.. rock sliders you can find those anywhere for under 350. tnt has a badass winchbumper for 440 and harbor

freight has 10,000 lb winches for under 400... thats if I had 2500.

If you plan on driving the highway and logging roads stay away from long arm kits, not a fun drive at highway speeds. For 2500 go with the tires and steels, Tcase skids, an ARB locker (which will get you anywhere), maybe a 2" lift, tow hooks front and rear, sway bar disconnects for the front and remove the rear sway bar sell it for scrap metal.

If you plan on driving the highway and logging roads stay away from long arm kits, not a fun drive at highway speeds. For 2500 go with the tires and steels, Tcase skids, an ARB locker (which will get you anywhere), maybe a 2" lift, tow hooks front and rear, sway bar disconnects for the front and remove the rear sway bar sell it for scrap metal.
you need to stop reading all the bullshit on rocky roads website, theres no issue with long arms on the highway

sell the jk wheels, 2"bb or 3" lift with some used 33's, i did a similaar setup for $700 including the price of the jeep, also dont worry about skids for the engine or trans ive never hit the in well over a year of rock crawling, just worry about the tcase and gas tank, then get good recoverypoints

holy old thread!

Back