• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HI-Lift Mount ?

CSSuperduty

NAXJA Forum User
I want to mount my Hi-lift to the factory roof racks, with some sloted bolts that fit in the track(the track that geos from pass. to drivers side). Has any onle esle done this or even think its a good idea?

I driilled a hole through the stock roof rack bars & ran a bolt with a wing nut on it for a while..... now i keep my jack inside where it doesnt turn into a seized rusty piece of ca-ca :)

I have searched this site alot, i have used this site for about a year now and everything i have done on the jeep is from here. This site is the S%$T!! :patriot: But I really haven't seen anything like what i was thinking about.

my point is that if you search HI LIFT it will bring up several posts and different ideas about where to mount it as well as how people feel about leaving it outside in the weather for any period of time.
nothing is more agravating than needing a hi-lift on the trail and the easiest one to get to is on someones roof.. and it works like crap.

True it is hard to get it off the roof, but i dont use it that much. it my freinds that need it.:laugh: they wont buy there own! Plus the jeep sit's in a garage when not in use, but thanks for the info.

One of our locals runs his on the factory crossbars. He just has a bolt in each bar and then a couple of wing nuts to hold it. I run mine behind the rear seat, I had to cut it down about 4" so it would fit but I'm only on 31's so I don't usaully need the whole jack unless I'm pulling with it.

Behined the back seat would look sweet! but i use the whole thing sometimes. I mounted my dads custom 31'' hi lift behined his head on his 650 H1 Prowler, It looks Bad A$$! I think i am going to get 2 bolts cut the heads off weld a flat plate 1/2'' X 1'' that slides in the track With homemade wing nuts.

xjtrailrider said:
I run mine behind the rear seat, I had to cut it down about 4" so it would fit but I'm only on 31's so I don't usaully need the whole jack unless I'm pulling with it.
Mine also used to lay on the floor, but I have the backseat permanently folded down for more space, so I mounted my hi-lift in the stock spare location.

DSC03813.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

Here are some pics of my jack and other gear. The jack lays between the seatback and the spare so its not going anywhere. I have a platform in the back for my storage containers full of parts/tools/fluids.

gear5zs1.jpg

gear6ca1.jpg

gear3rv5.jpg

gear7ho7.jpg

Back