• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt dana 44 kit instructions????

ranger125

NAXJA Forum User
i just recieved my tnt truss conversion kit from tnt and i also have not recieved instalation instructions . does any one have any ??? thanks carl

I think think if you need instructions you shouldn't be installing it..... Clean surface of axle n burn it.:)

1. Surgically remove the weld-on wedges off of your Dana 44**
  2. Set differential on jack stands
  3. Set appropriate pinion angle (prop in place)
  4. Drop truss on housing set its top parallel to the ground
  5. Tac truss in place
  6. Drop coil buckets on tube, slide against truss on either end
  7. Set coil bucket angle with top parallel to the ground
  8. Tac coil buckets in place
  9. Set left and right lower control arm brackets on the housing per install instructions
  10. Tac LCA mounts in place
  11. Flip down mask, burn it home
** This truss is designed to fit a HP Dana 44 with weld on wedges only. HP Dana 44's with the hollow casting wedges are not compatable. HD HP Dana 44's found in leaf sprung 3/4 and 1-ton Ford trucks may be modified to use the truss by cutting of part of the casting on the spring side and narrowing the long side ~1". Please call for details prior to modifying your differential specifically for our truss.

Edit: thats all i can find on there site

Set left and right lower control arm brackets on the housing per install instructions <- thats what i was wanting . there has got to be some measurments to make there . thanks for the info so far thou. i have sent a few e mails to them but have had no response and would like to get welding before my holidays are done . thanks fellahs

pardon for the hijack... but looking at HP D44's at the junkyard today, i have one question... is it blatantly obvious if the wedges are welded on? the ones i saw didnt have weld marks... but i didnt dissasemble the radius arm to get a better look...

i got the truss for my waggy axle...thing is amazing. just set it on there, set pinion angle and weld it home. for LCAs...just go measure, and tack them on to see if theyre right

thanks for the info fellahs , i mocked it up tonight just for fun and had to do a lil grinding on it to make it sit all nice but the only thing i can see differnt from cruxins to mine is my coil buckets sit lower than his and i am having a hell of a time figuring out how to route my axle vent tube . the tube is directly under the truss any ideahs ?? it is a full width 44 and i am leaving the knuckles stock thanks carl

Back