• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RuffStuff Specialties diff covers?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody running them? Do they hold up well in the rocks? I'm going to order the 8.25/D-30 covers with the drain plug and countersunk bolts. I plan on shaving the 8.25 and I know the stock cover is gonna peel and I haven't seen any guards that I'm as impressed with as I am these covers.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/chrysler-825-375-one-piece-diff-cover-p-152.html?osCsid=ecd9d1f9e7160a2b51490c78d760e0e9

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/dana-30-375-one-piece-diff-cover-p-151.html

xjtrailrider said:
Anybody running them? Do they hold up well in the rocks? I'm going to order the 8.25/D-30 covers with the drain plug and countersunk bolts. I plan on shaving the 8.25 and I know the stock cover is gonna peel and I haven't seen any guards that I'm as impressed with as I am these covers.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/chrysler-825-375-one-piece-diff-cover-p-152.html?osCsid=ecd9d1f9e7160a2b51490c78d760e0e9

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/dana-30-375-one-piece-diff-cover-p-151.html

I've got a few nicks and scratches from rocks on my RS D30 cover--it has held up well. I would not hesitate to buy another.

a few guys in my local club run them waaaay overbuilt covers! I think there might be one or two stronger covers out there, but I don't think you could ever hurt a ruffstuff cover.

Ordered mine about a week ago. Cannot wait to get them. These should hold up quite well in the rocks.

Ive got them front and rear. No other cover comes close.
DSCN2625.jpg

rear
DSCN2654.jpg

I just got mine, and have't "trail tested" 'em yet, but they pass the visual quality test. I'll probably put them on in the next week or so. I'm just down the road from you if you want to check them out before you buy.

WheelsUp said:
I just got mine, and have't "trail tested" 'em yet, but they pass the visual quality test. I'll probably put them on in the next week or so. I'm just down the road from you if you want to check them out before you buy.

Thanks for the offer, I was just up your way all day yesterday. I think I'm going to go ahead and order them. I don't think i can go wrong according to the comments.

I have them front and rear and like them. Dan from Ruff Stuff even suports this site. He donated a 8.8 cover to Colorado Fest and I won it!! Following monday I thanked him with an order for a front cover and he gave me a nice NAXJA discount. Did I mention I like his covers?

Hammered said:
Holy moses thats... what 1/2 - 5/8 thick? ...that thing looks bomb proof :fuse:

The ring is 1/2", the cover itself is 3/8". They can be ordered with drain plugs and countersunk bolts as well....nice features.

xjtrailrider said:
The ring is 1/2", the cover itself is 3/8". They can be ordered with drain plugs and countersunk bolts as well....nice features.

And don't forget that in addition to the sale that they're running now they have a 10% NAXJA discount. That's what made me decide to get both.

anodyne33 said:
And don't forget that in addition to the sale that they're running now they have a 10% NAXJA discount. That's what made me decide to get both.

I'm ordering tonight, how do I go about the discount with an online order?

I can tell you how......

When you checkout, look for the discount/coupon code, plug in NAXJA in caps and you get another 10% off......Enjoy'em, they go back to the normal price tommorrow night and if you miss the sale the normal price isn't expensive at all, its a fair price, I don't try and retire off every sale!

Gravel Maker said:
I can tell you how......

When you checkout, look for the discount/coupon code, plug in NAXJA in caps and you get another 10% off......Enjoy'em, they go back to the normal price tommorrow night and if you miss the sale the normal price isn't expensive at all, its a fair price, I don't try and retire off every sale!

Alright thanks!! Straight from the man! Nice product!

xjtrailrider said:
Alright thanks!! Straight from the man! Nice product!
How cool was that! We got visited by a celebrity! I also like the fact that they added some weight in the only place I want to add weight. Low and in the middle.

Celebrity? Man, I am blushing!

Not really!

Watch for our other new XJ items like serious Unibody reinforcements, a new syle shackle and hanger, a variety of rear disc brackets that cost less than the ones you can get from the junk yard.......and more!

Back