• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

going lower

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
I have an AX15 mated to an NP231 with 3.93 gears in my axles(not stock but dont know who put them in) lift and tires will come latter really waiting on 44's front and rear first so i don't have to worrk about snapping axles with 35's on a danna 30. Anyways i have found numerous 4:1 gears for my t-case but what i really want is a doubler. My 2.72:1 is great and 4:1 heck even better but 5.44:1 is lower still and thats what i really want, but a twin stick would be cool too but thats off subject. So does anybody know of any im a firm believer of rock crawling as a ballet on rocks so lower and slower is better, ideally i would just go lower in the axles but as an everyday driver 4.10's is the lowest i want still a little high for 35's though.

Why would 4.10 be as low as you would go on a everyday driver? My rig feels pretty much stock as far as power and pick up. I get fairly XJish numbers on MPG when I'm not opening up the throttle on her.

4.56 with 35's is a tried and true combo for DD/weekend wheelers

"firm believer of rock crawling as a ballet on rocks "

Thats a cool way to put it!

94XJ2door5speed said:
waiting on 44's front and rear first so i don't have to worrk about snapping axles with 35's on a danna 30.

:laugh:

Yep, 'cause those 44 shafts are stronger...

:(

You are going to put alloy shafts in, right?

Do 4.56 in the axles and try that, but beware that lower transfer case gearing puts a lot more stress on your driveshafts and makes it a ton easier to snap axles without thinking about it.

My front alloy'd 60 cries with my stock 4.0 idling along at 185:1.

Thanks for the advice, yes i was goind to upgrade to alloy axle shafts but i kinde forgot about the extra tourqe coming out of the t-case when i gear down. Is the 4:1 ratio enough then if i go 4.56's i love my 4lo 1st gear on stock tires it will idle over and up anything(that a stock hieght XJ is capable of clearing that is)

Back