• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT LA install ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
so my new junk is all painted and ready to go. but i didn't recieve any install instructions from TnT. i know it's not all that difficult, but i would like to get it as close to "correct" as possible the first time. i have been searching all morning and can't seem to find any solid figures for allignment and arm length etc...:dunno:

Here's what we're dealing with...
90' limited, 5.5"- 6" lift, 33" tires, D30, & TnT LA upgrade.

Here is what i need answered....

1. when measuring TnT's bent LA's do you still measure bolt hole to bolt hole ?
2. whats a good starting measurement for the control arms ( i realize every rig is slightly different due to lift hieght, LA type etc...) just need a base number to start with.
3. i figure when setting pinion angle, that the caster is more important than pinion angle if it comes to sacrificing one to get the other correct. is this true ?
4. can i simply put a angle finder on the front knuckle or diff and try and match the current caster angle ?
5. anyone have a link to an actuall TnT LA install write-up ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

a socket over the balljoint flush, and a angle finder is great for measuring caster.

i have the full instructions in a .pdf file if u'd like it. just send me a PM with ur email, and ill send it to u right away

sullivanclan said:
thats funny because I just bought the TNT heavy duty track bar and they sent me the insructions for the long arm kit and not the track bar...lol:wstupid:

so thats what happened to em' :tears:

they probably sent you those because it should cover installing and adjusting the track bar as part of the LA install.

Back