• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

currie steering

timk578

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have the currie heavy duty steering with more than 4 in of lift.....the website says up to 4 in ....i am in need of a steering upgrade...i have full traction 6 in long arm with 2 inch spacer up front ...any help would be greatly appreciated

I'd imagine you're gonna want to go over the knuckle - whether you do a WJ setup, or if you just do the "Go-Fer-It" tie rod flip (or the more expensive Teraflex Hi-steer)...

You could use the currie steering wtih the go-fer-it knuckle inserts....

have you checked out the JCR Offroad steering setup? I know quite a few people who run that, and have never heard anything bad about it!

I ran mine for a few years with 6.5" and it was just fine. It's actually on a buddy's ZJ now...

Unless they changed something, it should work well with yours.

i ran it at 6" of lift... 8" is getting close to the limits though......Thats a lot of lift,what size tires are you running, 37's??

at that height you should try and look at something OTK with the track bat also mounted OA

Last edited:
yeah i have checked out the jcr steering i cant decide what i want the bullet proof setup looks nice to .....and im only runnin 33s when i put the FT lift on my front end sat so low it looked stupid so i opted for the spacer now it sits nice

timk578 said:
yeah i have checked out the jcr steering i cant decide what i want the bullet proof setup looks nice to .....and im only runnin 33s when i put the FT lift on my front end sat so low it looked stupid so i opted for the spacer now it sits nice

Is it still new? Was probably sitting high in the rear because the leaf springs haven't been broken in yet... :)

I just got my JCR steering installed this past week and I can say that I am very pleased with the quality of it. I have not had a chance to wheel it yet, but I have no doubts that it will stand up to anything I will throw at it. Not to mention that they are a NAXJA sponsor as well and they do some nice donations for Winterfest etc.....

I'm looking into steering upgrades right now to and everyone that had the currie set-up seemed to like it. The only drawback I've heard was that you would have to replace the whole drag link when the tie rod goes. It looks like they have stopped that but i'm not sure

krelja said:
I'm looking into steering upgrades right now to and everyone that had the currie set-up seemed to like it. The only drawback I've heard was that you would have to replace the whole drag link when the tie rod goes. It looks like they have stopped that but i'm not sure

I noted that as well when I was shopping around for my set up. I am not sure if they changed that yet or not. One thing I liked about the JCR set up is that they are TRE's that you can pick up at any rural parts store if you do happen to break one, except the reamed hole on the TR that has to be reamed over factory.

I've just been hearing so much about tie rod roll lately so I'm a little afraid of the sticking with the inverted t setup. I really want the ORO U-turn system but that setup is way to pricey for me at almost double jcr and currie

I have the F/T kit with Currie Steering and there Anti-Rock sway bar, work great. I also installed spacers in the front but cut down to 1 1/2 sits perfectly level. There kit works great.

Back