• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wilderness roof rack

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
got a wilderness roof rack with gutter mounts from a guy off here, i really like it, , what should i put on it? got some lights on the frount and soon some one the back, what else should i put on it?

stuff

naw just kiddin hi lift mount, spare tire, and shovel mount just to name a few

i was thinking a spare and a hi lift jack, , maybe a shovel, but i never had the use for one, , maybe an ax? , what do ya'll think about side mounted lights? for night riding

Glad you like the rack man, the junk I welded on the side is for mounting a hi lift on one side and an ax and shovel on the other. All you'll have to do for the ax and shovel is drill 2 holes for them to slide onto the bolts and you are good to go.

I would add some lights, just becareful in your placement of your highlift, mine got caught on a low hanging tree and ripped the whole rack off. :doh:

CrozetAug0710-1.jpg

DAZYDG said:
I would add some lights, just becareful in your placement of your highlift, mine got caught on a low hanging tree and ripped the whole rack off. :doh:

I had a close up view of that carnage! Trees are killer on racks!

$50 for a used roof rack? lol.

yea if you doin a lot of night wheelin you should put some side lights on it.
hi-lift is always a good call, shovel too, if not for you for the guy ya gotta dig out.:looney:

userbmx1315 said:
i was thinking a spare and a hi lift jack, , maybe a shovel, but i never had the use for one, , maybe an ax? , what do ya'll think about side mounted lights? for night riding
i was riding some street last night, i would have loved to have lights on my xj. a couple spots we went to were too dark to even ride. i would deffinently put some lights on for night riding...

I had my spare tire, front and rear lights, and the CB antenna. I have a mount for a hi-lift, but that is not something I would keep outside the vehicle. It stays laid across the back floor, where it is safe and protected from the elements.

Use quick fists to mount things like the shovel and axe.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=quick+fist&noImage=0

An shovel comes in handy all the time. I use an axe everytime I go camping. I have lights facing forward and to the rear. Putting the spare tire up there raisesd the CG a lot, but it will work. You can always strap an extra axle shaft to the rack too.

For storing camping gear, get a dry bag or two (like used for canoing/kayaking).

Here's my basket loaded up (not wilderness) for camping with coolers, chairs, firewood and other gear. (sorry it's a crappy pic)
loaded.jpg

Last edited:
Back