• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new in here & my first JEEP

cracked-butt

NAXJA Forum User
:wave: hay ya'll!! ok im new in here (obviously) been on another site i found earlier & just found this one. ok im not a computer guy.

my Jeep specs are as follows.... 1989 XJ, 4.0l inline 6, al stock & hella fogs on the front bumper.

all i've done to it so far is "typical" work to pass state inspection. other wise just did a half-assed job of putting in a new headliner in it (it was missing the cloth when i bought it). i need to take it down & do it over with the rest of the meterial i have for it.

future mods..... 30 to 31" tires, roof rack, roof lights, better bumpers front & rear, finish the paint job i started in the summer.

the axles are front:d30, rear d35, t-case 242 (2wd, p/t 4, 4 hi, n, 4lo), not sure bout the tranny (gf has it at work) 3 spd w/ od, (1-2,3, 3 in circle, r, n, p). cant find the pics now , maybe later i can find them & get one or 2 posted. it may look lik epoo, but runs great.

cracked-butt said:
t-case 242 (2wd, p/t 4, 4 hi, n, 4lo)
First off, Welcome to NAXJA. I am acheap SOB and I even saw the value in becoming a member.
Second, your 242 TC has 4Hi, F/T 4x4, N, 4Lo and 2WD. Damn semantics, you said it had p/t 4 rather than f/t. lol....just being an :moon:
Welcome.

It would be fantastic if i could quote properly today.:shhh:

Welcome to the madness!!.......................:D

welcome to naxja! Youll get all the information you need here.. If you have a question use the search function and if you cant find your answer ask away :thumbup:

lift it? eventualy. but for now its just the dd. lookin to put 30" a/t's on it now though. about it fopr the mods. other than the headliner i have to redo. (its comin down again).

if your springs are sagging you might get tire rub..... I had 31's on a stock xj, I had a d35 limited slip in the back, and any bump I went ofer at speed gave me a nice rub on the wheel wells... as long as you don't load it down, you'll be fine though...

my 89 limited was pretty sacked suspenion wise, It needed help to not rub with 31's

oh yeah, I meant to say that the axle was actually inside the jeep..... not under it... so I was weighed down. and that was on top of 4 leaf spring packs, and a trailer hitch... (gotta love pick-n-pull...)

31's on a stock XJ? sweet. was always told i'd have to either cut or lift it to put 31's on. with out any rub that is.
yea i'd love to get my sorry butt to a yard & do some yankin for parts.(as soon as i get the extra $$$ that is.) new baby's tend to eat up any extra cash though. lol ok she isnt exactly "new" she is 9 months old.

the head liner was m.i.a. when i got it, so i just threw some meterial up there to keep the old glue stuff from fallin on the baby when she was born. yea i know i'm a procrastinater sometimes. but to do it "kinda" right i need a sewin machine to put the 2 pieces of meterial together, then spray the glue on it & install it. not that hard. just time consuming takin all that plasctic crap down & re-installing it.

Back