• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help me identify my axel

veedubbin

NAXJA Forum User
I think its an 8.25, but I want to make sure before I order a lift. Also is my xfer case a 241? I have 2h/4h/n/4l; and it looks like it has an external slip yolk.
4.jpg

2.jpg

sorry the pics suck, I am at work and I only have my phone.

yes that is an 8.25 axle. look at the rear of the tcase it will have a round red and silver tag on it that will say what model tcase it is. its probably a 231 because the 242s have full time 4wd. when you pull it into 4hi does the light on the dash say "PART-TIME" or "FULL TIME"? part time is 231.

I concur Dr Grimm

8.25 and a 96+ 231.

Here's something you can do for future reference of most of your Jeep parts. Go online to Quadratec (www.quadratec.com) and order a free catalog from their website. You'll get quarterly issues in the mail that are not only full of great parts and upgrades, but some decent illustrated parts breakdowns toward the back of the mag.

I always carry a back issue with my Jeep for quick reference of suspension parts, steering components, etc. I don't work for Quadratec, I just like their stuff.

x3:party:

Back