• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good deal on a 99' ?

Hawg130

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at 1999 basic model 4 door. It's got some body damage on both side, seems like someone drug something down the side. It's got the 8.25 rear-end. The engine has 184,000 miles. It does sound very good. I looked in the valve cover through the oil filler hole and the head had no sludge at all. All the four wheel drive stuff works. The interior is in excellent condition. The tires are 30X9.50 mud tires that are about 80%. The guys said he would take $2300.00 for it. I plan on using it for mostly offroading, camping, exploring in the Ozarks, etc....What do ya think?

Hawg130

You could probably find one without body damage for not a whole lot more. But if you are just using it for offroading, and camping it doesn't sound bad.

Offer him $1500 then go from there.

this one sold for $1450
1997, 180k miles and new u-joints and brakes
Thats also in NY but make an offer and go from there,

12-14-2007043.jpg

12-14-2007041.jpg

12-14-2007044.jpg

im in pa but only paid $650 + paperwork (extra $100) for my 89 cherokee limited. had it for a year & only now am i having any problems with it. had 230,000 miles on it when i got it, put about 15,000 miles on it. not bad shape some minor things when i got it (front drivers door wouldnt unlock, minor dent on fender, no cloth on headliner). so far i've put about $200 in new parts on it. not including reg maintenance. still need new tires , but other wise its a great vehicle (if i could stop breaking the plastic crap under the hood).
do a search, cuz i wouldnt pay that much just for a beater. oh & mine is the dd.

Back