• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HIGH idle

toysupra14

NAXJA Forum User
Well acutually if I don't try and turn the jeep off it will redline. Ok I just put banks headers on and am now trying to get it to a exhaust shop...so I am running headers only. I got the codes P0123 and P0505 so I am just wondering if any one else has started their jeep and the rpm's go up till it red lines. BTW its a 2000XJ 4.0 AW4 NP231 w/o the extra converters.

Thanks
Kevin

P0123 Is Throttle Position Sensor Voltage High... Throttle position sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage
P0505 Is Idle Air control motor circuts... SBEC-II

Better check the TB electrical connectors to make shure they are all plugged in, and solid. Also make shure you didn't nick any of the wires.

toysupra14 said:
And do they ground through the block or one of the wires going to them?
They have a ground wire.

TPS-TCU.jpg

Last edited:
When I installed my header the intake was not seated all the way to the block. As much as it sucks pull it back apart and try again. You might be able to loosen the bolts and seat the intake.

every single time(at least 3-4, personally) I've seen this happen after someone's done an intake/header r&r, it's been the intake not seated against the head/dowels properly, or a cracked intake from not making sure it's seated before torqueing it down.
Causes a massive intake leak & the motor shoots straight to redline upon starting.

Well I ended up just taking it all apart last night and putting it back together. Much more carefully this time. It fixed it! Idles right around 900.

But now it's missing pretty bad. Cel came on but when I scanned it there were no codes. It was around midnight when I got done last night and I had to be at work at 6 this morning so I called it a night.

Any ideas? I'm thinking an injector came loose or isn't plugged inall the way or something. But i triple checked all the wiring before I started it back up.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

fixed the missing. wiggled all the injectors and pushed them in and viola. no more missing.... but now i have a new issue.

my rear end is making noise when lightly accelerating through right turns.

i have a dana 44 with an aussie locker and i think test driving the jeep with the massive leak may have broken something.

i jacked the rear up and spun the driveshaft and the wheel and everything spun the way it was supposed to which got rid of my suspicion of a broken axle shaft but now im at a loss.

my wallets on e right now so i have to wait to buy gear oil to take the cover off and see what the inside looks like. if i dont get it figured out ill post it up over in the modified tech.

thanks guys as always :wave:

Back