• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another advice on new purchase 99xj w/ 49,500 miles

COBRA5LADDICT

NAXJA Forum User
i think i found a gem... it is about a 8 hour drive from my house but it may be worth it.. i have been keeping my eyes open for a clean low mile XJ to be my daily and mountain travel.. i will put about 12,000 miles on it a year..

here are the specs

99 xj 4.0l aw4 231
pw, pl, p.s. ABS (the only bad)
SE model.. pretty basic steel wheels and tall tires, no roof rack faded black fender flares. it all looks really clean..

asking 8k

what do you all think?
carfax is clear:flamemad:

should i leave now to pick it up?

race ya there.

8k seems a little high. don't concentrate so much on low milage. for the I6, anyhting under 150k is low. my dad just picked up a '99 with 205k on the clock that runs like a top, no problems at all.

it sounds like both the body and drivetrain are in exceptionally good condition. if you don't want to worry about fixing anyhitng on the body, and 100k+ miles scares you, its propbably a decent buy. if you don't mind turnin' a wrench now and then, you'd be better off finding a jeep with higher milage that still runs great. you'd be surprised at how much cheaper they are, even if the ONLY difference is 50k miles.

HTH

I'm going to pick up a 99 Limited (all the options) with 2WD and 85k miles for $4900. Lowest I've seen. 4WD is not a $3k premium. How long have you been looking?

I paid $4800 for my '99 Sport back in March of 07. Had 72k miles and totally stock. The only thing wrong was a busted seat and a pitted windshield. Perfect in every other way.

I got a steal and I use that as a benchmark for a really good deal. I've been looking every day for another one for my kid, and so far I have not been close to matching that.

Offer $6500 before you drive out that far.

X2 on the price, seems a little high to me, but if it's what you want and $ are no issue, go for it.

Back