• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender trimming question

cherokeeman90

NAXJA Forum User
i have to local shops by me: dpg offroad and offroad motorsports
both do fender trimming but charge a huge amt
one is 400 and one is 500
i DO NOT want to spend that much money

basicall i'm asking if anyone can send me pics of their xj's with the fenders trimmed and could send me some write ups on how to do it
i hear it's a lot easier than it looks

thanks and have a hppy new year
eric:D

Try searching the site.

Use the words "fender trimming" for the search entry.

The link times out....

Last edited:
There are hundreds of posts found using "fender trimming". "Cut fenders" adds a ton more. Search is your friend.

TNT said:
There are hundreds of posts found using "fender trimming". "Cut fenders" adds a ton more. Search is your friend.

X2..it took me all of about 2 minutes to find those links........

If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are 5 links to threads right there also.

Yo TNT...I think our work here is done!! :D Now off to help more newbies!! Up Up and AWAY!!

Dremmels are slow but clean. The best results come from a jigsaw and cutting wheel... (for the curved parts). Tape first, follow flare lines, and the plastic inner liner comes out.

i wouldnt say taking the liner out is a given. mine stay in:looney: salt, mud, dirt, ice and anything else has no business getting into my door hinges and engine bay(through the seam at the top.) depending on where you live and where you wheel and how long you plan to own your rig, you might want to keep them in...
FWIW, i had great luck using a quality set of stove pipe cutters for my sheet metal. much cleaner and even quicker than the dremel, sawzall:gee:, jigsaw or 4.5" cut-off wheel.
dont be afraid to tackle the job, it is a bit overwhelming if you haven't cut into your rig yet but it's definitely worth it and is pretty simple. those are some rediculous figures for something you can do relatively eaily in the driveway if you ask me.
Good Luck!

Back