• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight wiring???

p man

NAXJA Forum User
ok so my 95 XJ was re-wired after the headlight switch died.
It was set up with 2 toggle switch inturupters. The first switch turned on the corners and the 2nd switch then allowed for the headlights to be turned on/off. This second switch was wired through the first one so that the headlights could only be turned on once the corners were activated.

I found today that if JUST the corners were on I could turn off my daytime running lights by switching my stock highbeams.... In retrospect I believe this was because it was short circuting something.

I did this and I got a poof of smoke and now my highbeams are stuck on. Even when the truck is not running.

Ive disconected everything from the headlight switch and the beams are still on.

Does anyone know where I should be looking now?

Sorry, I don't know if there is a "DRL" module. I was thinking about the delayed headlight turnoff module (not sure what it's called), which you may or may not have.

The daylight running modual was not disconected.
Yes the stock switch was replaced with two toggle switch inturupters in the described set up.

This vehicle does not have a delayed headlight turn off

Back