• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Combo Value $?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
I found a seller with a D30/D44 combo selling axles out of a '87 XJ. NP242 Tcase so the front is a non-disco. Buddy wants $500 for the pair and will not seperate.

3.54's obviously
I do not need an "upgrade" in the rear end but it would be nice to have a "locker" and ditch my factory LSD. Since the drums have become obsolete I could convert it to disc brake as well...

People pay $500 for the XJ rear D44 alone, so if you really want one, that's not a bad deal. Planning on using the D30 also? If so, it's a very good deal.

Have the axles been sitting in saltwater or buried in mud? That would affect how good a deal it is too.

J-Roc said:
I do not need an "upgrade" in the rear end but it would be nice to have a "locker" and ditch my factory LSD...

does this mean the D44 has a locker?? if you NEED the set and they are complete and ready to bolt in it's not an outrageous price. the rear alone is more often worth 300 - 350.. they arent so rare up here in the northeast. if you need to buy new brakes for it i'd talk him down a bit. as of last spring the drums were not obsolete, however they were $80 each at advance. worth a few $$ more to do discs.

Back