• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 9 inch question..

will do that...

another question..
i dont seem to find 4.88 for the 9 inch...

only 4.86s...

do they work if i put 4.88s in my front 44?

Anything withing about .06 is "the same". Its about the difference between a new tire and a partially worn tire.

white_elephant said:
my third member is busted...how do i know which one do i need to buy?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=STR%2DN2205&N=700+115&autoview=sku

this one has a bunch of specs but how do i know if they match the one i have??...

thanks in advance..

First off is your 9" a 31 spline axle or 28 spline axle? The case in the link above will work for both 28 or 31 spline carriers. The 3.062 refers to the carrier bearing diameter. I run a 3.062 case in my 9" rear and 31 spline detroit. You are almost better off knowing what you have first and then call them and a tech will help you out.. IF not pm me and I can help you out.. I will have one of my Strange "N" cases for sale soon... And when the gears say 4.86 its basically the same as 4.88 so no worries on that...

Back