• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water in oil ?

Your oil will begin to look like that again....how quickly will depend on how bad its leaking. Continued use with a blown head gasket will eventually lead to engine failure. Coolant is not a lubricant like oil is.

How many miles are we talking here? What year is your Jeep? 4.0? I assume you're noticing a coolant loss at the same time?

Then it might not be coolant then. Do you do a lot of short trips? I mean real short trips, to where the engine either doesn't get warmed up all the way, or doesn't get warmed up for very long? Sounds as if you might be seeing foam from the condensation that forms, and it's not getting cooked off because the engine isn't getting warm enough for long enough.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Then it might not be coolant then. Do you do a lot of short trips? I mean real short trips, to where the engine either doesn't get warmed up all the way, or doesn't get warmed up for very long? Sounds as if you might be seeing foam from the condensation that forms, and it's not getting cooked off because the engine isn't getting warm enough for long enough.

x2.I thought you ment you had anti-freeze in the oil.Motor should run 185*f to 210*f (give or take)If it's not,check that the thermostat isn't stuck open.Or if it is because of short trips,let it idle at least once a day until it reaches operating temp.In any case,change your oil,mabey even twice,and change it again if you see it getting frothy.

good to know.....thanks I do a lot of short trips as i live in the city close to work and everything else.

oil is milky on the bottom of the dipstick and as it gets neer the top its like normal oil

Change the oil ASAP, and keep it changed often.The short distances are killing it. You'd be surprised how relatively cold the oil is, even after 15-20 minutes of driving.

240KM equates to about what 130,000 miles give or take a few?

Out of curiosity, what is your average trip like (distance wise)?

impetus-93xj said:
id say about 10-20km on average

Well thats not THAT bad.....not as bad as I thought. Do you let it warm up in the mornings before you leave? If not, definitely start doing that as it will help.

Back