• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does this fuse go to??????

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
FUSE.jpg

It is killing my battery!!! Amp draw is 4.8 with everything off. Its the distribution box under the hood. With it pulled I am only drawing .02 or something like that.

IOD (ignition off draw) fuse. it goes to the radio to keep the time, last track played, radio stations, interior lights, power locks(if there),the odometer trip milage, not sure wut else it is "SUPPOSED" to be connected to. everything works fine if you take it out.

i dont have mine in becuase it gives power to my windows and wipers with the key off. but in key-on everything works as it should. sucks at night with out the lights but eh i go with out. if you let find out what the parasite is i'd like to kno as somewhere to look for on mine.

Well I was having a stupid moment.

I had the door open when I was testing things, so the 4.8 amps went to the lights on the inside. With out the door open it was at 0.22 amps. That should not be enough to drain a battery over 2 days. I am having a hell of a time with this exide orbital battery. I can't get checkers to replace it because they say it is good.

Can you just leave the cables off for two days? Then if it goes dead you can get a new battery...Tell them it has a bad cell, IE(weak).. If they give you chit call EXIDE service

scottmcneal said:
Can you just leave the cables off for two days? Then if it goes dead you can get a new battery...Tell them it has a bad cell, IE(weak).. If they give you chit call EXIDE service
Thats a good idea, I'll do that.

A quarter amp should not effect a good battery over two days unless it is butt cold. Having said that, a quarter amp is too high a static drain.

My Optima red tops go down fast in the winter, in 3 days some times, but will hold a charge all summer long? I installed a Battery Tender on both XJ's that sit and keep them charging at 2 amps in the cold months.

old_man said:
A quarter amp should not effect a good battery over two days unless it is butt cold. Having said that, a quarter amp is too high a static drain.

What should it be? I have unplugged all of my extra stuff trying to keep my battery alive, but with no luck.

old_man said:

48 hours x 0.25 amps = 12amp-hours. Car batteries are around 24 amp-hours right?

You have a audio amp that's staying on? Glove box shut tight and the light off (btdt).

It should be a 45 amp-hours battery. I don't have any extra stuff plugged in right now. No amps or audio equipment.

I called Exide and they person that I talked to said that it sounds like a dead cell. She said to take it back to the store. Checkers machine said it was good and it has 900 cca. When I tested the amp draw when I put the battery back in checkers it read .15 amps. and 4.5 amps with door open.

Back