• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new bumper for Christmas

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
I couldn't find a front bumper that I liked, so I drew this on paper and my wife had it made for me. What do you think? I haven't found any in a magazine like it yet, close but not the same. It was a good Christmas!!!

100_3881.jpg

100_3883.jpg

wow.....i want one.

what a wifey too.

Check out the guys that made the bumper for me, their website is
www.mvcustoms.com, I'm not trying to sell anything here just trying to give credit where credit is due.

Now I have to get some spacers to level the Jeep back out. I will say that with the extra weight on the front, the Jeep rides smoother. I'm guessing that the lower control arm angle is a little flatter with the extra weight.

Your wife's a keeper!

I have been wanting to recess some lights into my Hanson similar to that. What size lights did you use?

Nice bumper! Need some help programing the camera dates? :roll:

jeep/bronco said:
that is a nice bumper will the place that made it for you replicate it?

I'm going out to talk with them tomorrow, I will ask them. Maybe if there is enough interest in it they will.

They used 3 inch lights in the bumper.
Sorry about the dates the batteries were dead and I didn't think about the dates when I replaced them.

Very nice bumper and wife!

Your Cherokee is almost a dead ringer for mine.
Extremely similar bumper (I made mine also) same wheels (mine are a darker color though)
Pretty cool to see that.

Chris

Wow.
Your wife is awesome.
The bumper is pretty slick, too. One of the better ones I've seen, and the design is almost exactly what I'm looking for myself. Fits really nicely with the fender lines.

does she have a sister?

Its a nice looking bumper but for 550 and 600 for a winch mount is just way to much for my tastes.Not to mention the D rings are surface mounted which is never a good thing.Making your recovery points single shear it has always been a no no.I would still rather go with a Rigid for 450 and its beefier.

yea i asked the guy on the phone if the d rings went through the bumper and welded on both sides he said no i did not care for that much either seems like a good place for it to break and have a cable flying back at ya

The tires are Great!!

The bumper....well I just came back from the shop that built it. They told me that those D-rings are rated to 24,000 pounds. If your Jeep weights more than that when you winch it, or you need a stronger tow point to attach to, your not going to winch it out with another Jeep. You need a dozer to get out. I have been told that a guy with a bumper made by the same guys that built mine, and the same type of D-rings, wrecked his Jeep about 3 days after they put it on the Jeep. He hooked a front end loader to his D-rings and lifted the entire Jeep off of the ground. He unbolted the bumper and has it on another Jeep now. So I would say that the bumper is plenty beefy and the price is very fair for this bumper. I have looked for a long time to find one that I liked. Most of them are over priced and some one elses idea. These guys, MVCustoms, built what I asked them to and charged are very fair price. If you don't like the way the D-rings are welded to the bumper, then have them do it whatever way you would like, but don't trash their work and don't tell me that their bumper isn't beefy, or is going to fail from looking at a picture.

The price they charged me for the bumper included the lights that are on the bumper and the labor to wire the light the way I asked them. The little lights are wired to the low beams, and the Hellas are wired to the high beams.

I will recommend these guys to anyone that is looking for quaility work, whether it is for a hot rod, a 4x4, a lift install, gears or something custom built!!! These guys are fantastic at what they do and have me as a customer for as long as they are in business!!

Back