• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring question

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Ok i just noticed today when i was looking at the ole' xj that my rear springs are starting to have an s- shape to them. Now i just put on a 3" rough country lift with rear aal and am wanting to lift it a little more here soon. If i get another set of xj leafs to make a bastard pack, will that help out my s-shaped springs i have now? This is on a 91 xj that is just a trail rig. Let me know what you guys think.

The springs that i would be getting to make the bastard pack are out of a 2000 with only 60,000 miles on them and are said to have no sag to them.

Thanks,
Ben

Once they start to S,give uo!

Well, bent is bent and tired is tired. That being said, build a full-on bastard pack and even though 1/2 the leaves are/were "s" shaped you'll gain lift and it will last longer than the RC pack did.
Ditch the RC leaf, build a full xj bastard pack, enjoy the ride. my .02

With it just being a trail rig that gets trailered, if i just build the bastard pack i should be alright then shouldn't i? I am trying to do this on a budget without spending a lot of money on it.

Dead springs are DEAD springs!

RCP Phx said:
Dead springs are DEAD springs!

True - I'm not arguing "S" bent springs are still good.

I think you could get away with running them in a bastard pack anyway, but the "right" thing to do is buy 2 pairs of decent springs and bastardize them.

Well would the 2000 springs bolt right into my 91? If so i would just bolt them in then get another set and make a bastard pack. But in all reallity, my 91 springs would be alrite if i just went ahead and made a bastard pack and added to them?

Take your 91 springs to the scrap heap and start over.
Make a fresh bastard pack or buy new leafs.

Back