• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
could somebody clear some questions I have about lockers. I know about lunchbox lockers like a lockright or Aussie. But im kind of unsure about terms like "full spool" "mini spool" "full case locker" Ive heard of ARB air lockers. if sombody could just clear this up for me, that would be great. :sunshine:

Full spool replaces the whole carrier. The ring gear bolts to the carrier, both axle shafts turn at the same speed.

A mini spool fits inside of the stock carrier, and works the same as a full spool.

A full case locker has springs that keep side gears locked, it replaces the carrier. Everything is contained inside.

Know how an OX works? ;)

A spool is a one peice carrier assembler which makes both wheels spin at the same speed.

A mini spool is like a lunchbox. It replaces your spider gears. But works like a full spool

ARB's are a selectable air locker.

Merry Christmas

CanMan said:
Lunchbox=$250
Mini spool=Under $150

Id still go with a lunchbox, especially if its for the front. I wouldnt do a mini spool in anything with a weak carrier.

thanks again for the info :)

i lifted one rear wheel today and when i turn it foward it clicks real bad and wont turn backwards at all. the same on the other side do i have a locker in the rear. jujst bought the jeep so i dont know whats going on with it yet

xj151 said:
i lifted one rear wheel today and when i turn it foward it clicks real bad and wont turn backwards at all. the same on the other side do i have a locker in the rear. jujst bought the jeep so i dont know whats going on with it yet

If you have both wheels off the ground, and spin one tire, and it clicks loudly like described, you might have a lunchbox locker. It will lock only when it sees torque input from the pinion.

Back