• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which brand of TPS should I get?

jonnycat

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a TPS for my 98 SE. Looking at this page from rockauto, I have my choice between one from "Standard Motor Products" or "AC Delco."

Now, I know that AC Delco does OEM parts for Chevies, but I don't know about for Chrysler products.

Since both items are priced similarly, which one would you go with?

Thanks for any suggestions on this.

got mine at autozone (duralast) 3 weeks ago before i drove california to new york. works great, no problems. only $55 with a 1 year warrantee.

I got a Borg/Warner. Its expensive but I got it cheap. O'Reilly's has a price match policy. I found a cheap China made TPS at a competing store for about $35. They matched the price. Keep that in mind.

AC Delco stuff is primo gear. I generally use it unless I want another brand for some reason.

The thing about Standard is they have three product lines, ranging from cheapo to primo, and I'm always scared of buying anything in the lower two rungs.

The last TPS I got was Borg/Warner, Hasn't let me down yet.

ehall said:
AC Delco stuff is primo gear. I generally use it unless I want another brand for some reason.

The thing about Standard is they have three product lines, ranging from cheapo to primo, and I'm always scared of buying anything in the lower two rungs.

Thanks, ehall, and everyone else as well; that is exactly what I needed to know.

Any way to find out which of the three product lines any particular Standard product is?

jonnycat said:
Thanks, ehall, and everyone else as well; that is exactly what I needed to know.

Any way to find out which of the three product lines any particular Standard product is?

They are an oem manufacture for Jeep, if someone claims they make different quality parts you shouldn’t believe them unless they can show you the catalog from the company that shows these supposed different quality components listed by the various part numbers that way you could select the part number listed under the “primo” line of parts.
But that’s not the case "they only make oem quality parts" so you can be assured its built to the factory specs. You can get lots of BS when talking brands.

Standard has three lines, ranging from economy (TRU-TECH) to premium (BLUE-STREAK)

compare.gif

Looking at the TPS offerings for my 91 Laredo on rockauto, there is the Standard TRU-TECH (cheapo) part #TH143T and the Standard (mid-grade) part #TH143. rockauto does not sell a Standard premium-line TPS.

You can get lots of BS when talking brands.
Yah no kidding!

Back