• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn feeler

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at possibly doing a horn run on sunday any interest?.

Anyone know if coral cannyon is open?

coral canyon looks to be open anyone confirm? any interest in going there

saturday is my boys birthday so not good for me.

homebrew said:
coral canyon looks to be open anyone confirm?

I called the Cleveland NF ranger in Alpine. She said Coral Canyon is open, but some of the main roads are closed.

I have never been there, so I am not sure where these roads are, but she said the road from Buckman to Bear Valley is closed, but the road from Pine Valley is open?

She also said Sky Valley Road is closed, and so is the road to Los Pinos lookout?

I'll probably head up there today or tomorrow... I can give a better report then.

ocean_jet said:
I called the Cleveland NF ranger in Alpine. She said Coral Canyon is open, but some of the main roads are closed.

I have never been there, so I am not sure where these roads are, but she said the road from Buckman to Bear Valley is closed, but the road from Pine Valley is open?

She also said Sky Valley Road is closed, and so is the road to Los Pinos lookout?

I'll probably head up there today or tomorrow... I can give a better report then.

that would be cool coral is looking like a better option for me.

Corral Canyon is definately open. As far as I could tell the entire Corral Canyon area is open, and the Los Pinos areaa is completely closed.

Well think I might head out there sunday. Anyone for the canyon? or at least directions cause I have not idea where/how to get there

paul what time u headin there i might head out with ya:)!

homebrew said:
Well think I might head out there sunday. Anyone for the canyon? or at least directions cause I have not idea where/how to get there

Directions:

I8 to Buckman Springs Rd. Exit
Go right on Buckman Springs road about 3 1/2 - 4 miles. You'll see a fire station on the right. About 1/4 mile past the fire station, there will be sign to Corral Canyon OHV Area. Follow sign to right. About 6 miles up that road you'll come to 4 Corners, which is the staging area.

4 Corners is in the northmost section of this map:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/ohv/corralmap.shtml

From there it is pretty easy to find your way around.

What time will you be out there on Sunday? I may head back up.

I live by the Q planon leaving my place between 8 and 9

plan on starting corral canyon bout 10, if theres any more interest let me know will start on cb ch1

P.S. How do you change the thread title?

how are the trails at CC I have no rok rails am I gonna tear up my rockers?

Any takers for tomorrow?

I am going to try to be at 4 corners around 10:00. Got a black '97, but no CB.

I don't have rock rails either. I think there are couple of trails that are probably pretty safe for rockers.

OK cleghorn has offically been replaced as my favorite off road adenture. Me and Ocean Jet (soory really bad with names) hit up corral canyon. it was flipin awsome, the most technical trail I've ever ridder. I am sitting at almost 6 inches running 33's and the trail was still very challenging. We spent alot of time spotting and stacking rocks. Have decided that it is time for a locker. Diffently would have made the trails alot easier. There was a time where I thought about turning around but with the use of a spotter and alot of skinny petal we were able to make it through. Trying to find my camera cable as soon as i do I'll post picks.

P.S. Skwerly if you had run this trail you might consider moving lol

homebrew said:
OK cleghorn has offically been replaced as my favorite off road adenture. Me and Ocean Jet (soory really bad with names) hit up corral canyon. it was flipin awsome, the most technical trail I've ever ridder. I am sitting at almost 6 inches running 33's and the trail was still very challenging. We spent alot of time spotting and stacking rocks. Have decided that it is time for a locker. Diffently would have made the trails alot easier. There was a time where I thought about turning around but with the use of a spotter and alot of skinny petal we were able to make it through. Trying to find my camera cable as soon as i do I'll post picks.

P.S. Skwerly if you had run this trail you might consider moving lol

No worries... it's Mike.

Yes, Corral Canyon was actually much more challanging than I had expected... and from what I can tell by reading the map, we didn't even hit the "most difficult" part (the northern most part of 3A).

I agree on the locker... I think it will be next... after rock slides and some belly armor. I think lockers would have flattened out that hill where we thought about turning around.

I think I will try to hit CC again toward the end of Jan, early Feb. I'll post it up...

Can't wait to see the pics!!

Back