• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neewbie Lift Q's

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ Sport, 8.25 rear dana 30 front with a 3" A-A-L lift. I'd like to 6.5" and clear 33's. I know i need a SYE, CV Shaft and to regear it. Is there any things i could already add that could get me to a 6" lift from my 3" without buying a 6" suspension pack. mind you this id my DD and ride doesnt matter to me. In my case its all about height and articulation. what are some things i could add and change out to get me to 6" without spending a grip of money. My first thought was giving up and going to the 4.5" RE and still run the dinky 31's but i wanna run 33's and knowing id probably have to trim. I wanna stay away from triming. what are some things i could do to make this a hybrid pack for the least amount of cash? thanx.

There is nothing you want to do to get your AAL lift to 6". You can make a bastard pack, but that will probably cost you around 100-150, but you will still need to get shackles or blocks to get to 6".
You will also need to extend your brake lines, get a new trac bar, and probably more, depending on what you have.
6" is not going to come cheap. What is your budget?

Trimming will help big time. I'm running a 4.5" w/ 33's and I only rub at full stuff. There's a great article about trimming in here. I used it when trimming my ride, and i kept my fender flares. It's not as painful as it sounds.

The cut and fold procedure on the back was a cake walk. The fronts take a little planning before you start hacking at them, but it's still not that bad. A bud of mine is running 3.5" w/ 32x11.50's trimmed and he doesn't rub too bad at all.

Going from 3' to 6" is going to take some $$ any way you go. You'll have steering geometry and bumpsteer issues to deal with if you try and go cheap. From what I understand, 4.5 is about as high as you can go and still flex without going to a longarm setup ($$$ unless you have mad fab skills).

91Woody said:
There is nothing you want to do to get your AAL lift to 6". You can make a bastard pack, but that will probably cost you around 100-150, but you will still need to get shackles or blocks to get to 6".
You will also need to extend your brake lines, get a new trac bar, and probably more, depending on what you have.
6" is not going to come cheap. What is your budget?
i was just thinking of getting the RC 6.5" for 999.99

SCupstateXJ said:
Trimming will help big time. I'm running a 4.5" w/ 33's and I only rub at full stuff. There's a great article about trimming in here. I used it when trimming my ride, and i kept my fender flares. It's not as painful as it sounds.

The cut and fold procedure on the back was a cake walk. The fronts take a little planning before you start hacking at them, but it's still not that bad. A bud of mine is running 3.5" w/ 32x11.50's trimmed and he doesn't rub too bad at all.

Going from 3' to 6" is going to take some $$ any way you go. You'll have steering geometry and bumpsteer issues to deal with if you try and go cheap. From what I understand, 4.5 is about as high as you can go and still flex without going to a longarm setup ($$$ unless you have mad fab skills).
yeah i plan to up grade the steering. i think ill just go with the 6.5 RC lift for now. because i do some off road and mild rock crawling.

Thats a great lift, just make sure you read all the papers before you start your install... Mine rode ruff at first, but now it is great, flexs nice too

scottmcneal said:
Thats a great lift, just make sure you read all the papers before you start your install... Mine rode ruff at first, but now it is great, flexs nice too
yeah, i wonder why people dont like rough country?

scottmcneal said:
This is my back yard i have to play in.... LOL 3 min drive from my house
lol cool, what city you live in? what size tires are you running?

Back